How To Build Your 2017 Marketing Calendar

I’m a HUUGE fan of using a calendar to plan marketing campaigns - ask anyone who’s worked with Spring Three! For some, it can seem like a daunting task to put together a plan for the next 12 months, but I can assure you it isn’t as crazy as it sounds.

Here’s why.

Your plan is a source of inspiration for marketing content, promotions and events that you hold throughout the year. Think about it, if you send one email once per month, that’s just 12 ideas you have to come up with. T.W.E.L.V.E!

Here's how you do it.

Take a sheet (here’s one I prepared earlier) with each month on a single page and grab a sharpie… now let’s get down to business.

Fill in what is already scheduled

Are you planning on heading out of town to a conference or perhaps you are going to be adjusting the teacher schedule in February - put that on the calendar. It’s all relevant. Your business doesn’t operate in a bubble.

Education

What courses and professional development programs are you undertaking this year? Add those in - sharing some of the interesting info you get during those workshops will demonstrate your knowledge (and boost your credibility).

Seasonality

In the business of health and wellness, there are times of year that you can leverage the seasons and holidays to share messages of encouragement and motivation. Add these themes in too.

Look inside your business

Whose story can you champion that will inspire others? Perhaps they are instructors who are extraordinary or clients who have made incredible progress through their sessions with you. Add their names to the calendar - make them rockstars!

Look outside your business

What partnerships exist within your local community? Fundraisers, small businesses or products that you feel deserves some airtime are all worth considering. Add those to the list

Your purpose

What do you wish the world knew about what you do? This could be THE most important source of marketing inspiration. Writing your mission statement for the year ahead is the beginning of articulating your value. But, without sharing that; it is worthless. Tell your community about what inspires you and drives you to show up every single day doing what you do, will help them better understand you.

Promotions

At certain points in the year, adding a promotion to your marketing campaign is important. But remember the 80/20 rule. You want 80% of your content to be valuable, insightful, informative and inspiring. The remaining 20% is all about selling. The majority of your marketing is about preparing your audience for that moment so use it wisely.

There’s no need for an elaborate and complicated plan. In fact, please please... keep it simple! 

So there you have it.

Marketing Plan 2017 = CHECK! 

 

Sign Up for more resources and tips here!